Gibson Custom Collector's Choice #29 Tamio Okuda 1959 Les Paul Limited Edition Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A precise re-creation of a 1959 Les Paul
- Classic '57 pickups deliver killer vintage tone
- Gibson Custom Shop quality and craftsmanship
A precise re-creation of a 1959 Les Paul
The Collector's Choice #29 Tamio Okuda 1959 Les Paul brings this gorgeous guitar to the lucky few who will get them. Built in 1959,
Tamio Okuda's guitar has weathered the passage of time very well. The original finish has faded over the years, as many have, to a dark lemon sunburst. The unique, late '50s neck profile and top dish carve give this guitar a definite personality.
Classic '57 pickups deliver killer vintage tone
The much-loved Classic '57 pickups - a favourite among guitarists - give the Gibson Custom Collector's Choice #29 Tamio Okuda 1959 Les Paul guitar the complex midrange, punchy lows,
and smooth top-end of Gibson's legendary PAF pickups. With these pickups, you get the kind of response and just-right output that will inspire your playing and ensure that you never want to put your guitar down. Using Alnico II magnets, vintage enamel-coated
wire, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and 2-conductor braided wiring, the Classic '57 will give your guitar the look, feel, and sound of a vintage instrument - with the added reliability modern production techniques provide.
Custom Shop quality and craftsmanship
Gibson's Custom Shop took extra care with every detail of the Collector's Choice #29 Tamio Okuda 1959 Les Paul. Every Gibson Custom guitar receives an ultra-precise Plek Pro setup for optimized playability.
The fretboard and nut have an incredibly accurate intonation and a just-right feel. And little touches like the figured maple top and the accurately-aged hardware remain true to the original 1959 Les Paul Standard that Collector's Choice #29 pays homage to.
Gibson Custom Collector's Choice #29 Tamio Okuda 1959 Les Paul Limited Edition Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Precise re-creation of the unique 1959 Les Paul Standard owned by Tamio Okuda
- Aged finish replicates
the originals wear patterns and markings
- Extremely limited edition - only 300 available worldwide
- 1-piece mahogany back with hand-selected maple top for incredible tone and sustain
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays
offers fluid playability
- Aniline dye back and sides just like the original
- Dual '57 Classic humbuckers have individual volume and tone controls for maximum tonal versatility
- Custom Shop hardshell case and certificate of authenticity