Fender's Merle Haggard Signature Telecaster guitar - a modified Telecaster Thinline - pays tribute to the original Stranger with a laminated figured maple top, a maple set-neck with deep-carved heel, Ivoroid pickguard and binding,
gold hardware, abalone "Tuff-Dog Tele" headstock inlay, Texas Special Telecaster pickups and custom four-way switching.
Fender Custom Shop Merle Haggard Signature Telecaster Features:
- Color: 2-Color Sunburst, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Body: Maple Center Block, Select Alder Wings with Tone Chambers, Laminated Figured Maple Top
- Neck: Figured Maple, Set Neck, "C" Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" Radius (184mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 Texas Special Tele Single-Coil Pickups (Neck/Bridge)
- Controls: Volume, Tone (Custom Wiring)
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade Switch: Position 1: Bridge Pickup, Position 2: Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel)
Position 3: Neck Pickup (Standard Tele), Position 4: Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series) (Fatter Tone Than Position 2 and More Output Than Position 1, 2, or 3.)
- Bridge: Gold American Tele
- Machine Heads: Gold Plated Fender/Schaller Elite Die-Cast
Tuning Machines with White Pearloid Buttons
- Hardware: Gold Plated
- Pickguard: 1-Ply "Ivoroid"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width at Nut: 1.650"
- mother-of-pearl "Tone Dog" Headstock Inlay
- Ivoroid Body Binding
- Deep Carved Heel
- Merle Haggard Signature on Headstock
- Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case (Gold Interior)